André Fincato, April 2020
+ 49 177 4038991
I do programming and design. My interests include becoming user, tools for small co-ops and p2p technologies. I am part of the Amsterdam-based collective [Hackers & Designers](https://hackersanddesigners.nl/), and collaborate closely with the project and event space [Trust](https://trust.support/), Berlin.
MFA Designing Democracy, Master Programme at the Sandberg Instituut, Amsterdam (NL).
Bachelor in Industrial Design and Visual Communication, Faculty of Design and Art, Free University of Bolzano (Italy).
- *dae.wiki*, in-progress re-design of the Design Academy Eindhoven web presence, by building a custom wiki and archive system; w/ Simone Niquille, James Bryan Graves, Joana Chicau
- [platform2platform](https://github.com/DigitalPublishingToolkit/platform-2-platform), a software tool that combines algorithmic matching system and human editorial expertise to create relevant recommendations for further reading across a network of independent publishers; collaboration between H&D and Institute of Network Culture
- [trust.support](https://trust.support) event and video-focused website for Berlin-based “incubator for utopian conspiracy”
- [englishesmooc.org](https://englishes-mooc.org), custom software stack (discourse, kirby, choo.js) to build a Massive Online Open Course platform for artist Nicoline van Harskamp’s englishes creole project; w/ Anja Groten
- [hackersanddesigners.nl](https://hackersanddesigners.nl), frontend as a restful API python app, backend running on Mediawiki
- [workshopproject.wiki](https://workshopproject.wiki/doku.php), DokuWiki integrated with Etherpad running on node.js; w/ Anja Groten—for LA summer school organised by workshop project
*Arachne*, co-founder, designer and programmer
[Arachne](https://arachne.cc) is a webzine publishing essays—text, audio, video, and image-based—that inquires the themes of labour, gender and technology.
*computer thinking support group*, programmer and designer
Prototype-based experimentations with programmer and designer Marcel Goethals on ways to make computers help humans dealing with complex thinking.
- [nobodies-for.bots II](https://hackersanddesigners.nl/s/Events/p/Nobodies-for.bots_II), bot character building through LARP techniques,Todays Art Festival, Den Haag, September 2018
- [hypermush](https://hackersanddesigners.nl/s/Summer_Academy_2018/p/Hypermush), p2p introduction through a variant of 1970s text-based adventure, multiplayer videogames (MUD, Multi-User Dungeon), part of the Hackers & Designers Summer Academy 2018, Amsterdam, July-August 2018
- Prototyping Next Senses, part of the Border Sessions festival, The Hague, June 2018
- hacking europe — LOCALITY III International Residency Programme, Brussels, March 2018
- [nobodies-for.bots](https://github.com/hackersanddesigners/nobodies-for.bots), bot-making workshop focused on non-optimised natural human language, with Hackers and Designers—for Nederlands Film Festival, Utrecth, September 2017
- [LLL](https://weboftru.st/lll-1.html) (Local Linked List), hands-on meetup organized with Sam Hart at Trust in Berlin, where to colletively learn the Lisp programming language. Often interwoven with short presentations on topics such as math, fungis and bacterias, system design, and anything connecting to p2p systems.
- [H&D Stammtisch](https://hackersanddesigners.nl/s/Activities/p/Stammtisch), 2018-01—2018-07, together with Genevieve Costello I co-developed a new format based on care and hospitality for the traditional monthly hang-out initiated by H&D over drinks.